By Bobby Ross Jr. | GetReligion
Did Santa bring everything you wanted for Christmas?
I hope so.
As we head toward a new year, I wanted to pull a few items out of my gift bag.
Here, in no particular order, are 10 of the most memorable religion stories that I read (and one I even wrote) in 2019:
Read the full column.
• • •
All of my GetReligion columns (December 2019):
• Serious question: Is Buttigieg being gay a reason for his low support among black voters in the South? Published Dec. 2.
• What’s a bus got to do with religion? A whole lot when it comes to violating the Sabbath in Israel. Published Dec. 3.
• Pelosi points to her Catholic faith in denying she hates Trump. Will news reports offer any context? Published Dec. 5.
• Friday Five: Clergy abuse scandal, Buttigieg at church, politics of communion, N.T. Wright. Published Dec. 6.
• So after all these years, what about ‘Manny being Manny’ in a church? And in a seminary? Tell us more. Published Dec. 9.
• Breaking news: Man gives 10 percent of his income to charity — what a revolutionary concept. Published Dec. 10.
• If the byline says Sarah Pulliam Bailey, go ahead and count on an interesting, enlightening religion story. Published Dec. 12.
• Friday Five: Terrified Jews, pastor’s tired soul, stressed priests, tmatt’s move, generic tithing. Published Dec. 13.
• CNN’s religion editor delves into Salvation Army’s effort to change its ‘anti-LGBTQ’ reputation. Published Dec. 16.
• The Washington Post’s long quest to explain Buttigieg’s race problem while ignoring religion. Published Dec. 17.
• A Pew Research Center study on the varying lengths of sermons in Christian churches? That’ll preach. Published Dec. 19.
• Friday Five: CT’s editorial, LDS church’s $100 billion, Catholic priests, SBC sex abuse, holiday grief. Published Dec. 20.
• Who would Jesus cheer for? S.C. paper explores the evangelical ties of Dabo Swinney’s Clemson Tigers. Published Dec. 23.
• Year in review: Ten religion stories that stuck with me in 2019, including one of my own. Published Dec. 26.
• (Final) Friday Five: 2019 top posts, Galli vs. Trump, ‘Olive, come out,’ casino priest, holy crop duster. Published Dec. 27.
• Read all about it: After nearly a decade, GetReligion contributor transitioning to a new role. Published Dec. 30.